Based in Manchester City Centre, ActiveWin Media is one of the fastest growing Digital Marketing Companies. The company, who works closely with Betfred, specialises in generating web traffic, building affiliate networks and management of online media.
Due to continued success, there is now a new and exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Administrator to join our team. The role is ideal for an ambitious, motivated self-starter who is passionate about data protection, and wants to develop a career in this field.
- Assist in implementing a strategy to bring the organisation to full GDPR compliance.
- Maintain and establish a register of data owners and educate the data owners on their responsibilities (what is data, how is it used, who has access to it).
- Assist the DPO to compose, maintain and clarify the data policies and procedures of the company.
- Ability to convert technical and legal content into plain English.
- Maintain a log of any incidents and remedial recommendations and actions.
- Responsible for checking marketing advertisements and reviewing Terms and Conditions.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with industry knowledge and regulatory changes and communicating requirements across departments.
- Good understanding of DPA GDPR, PECR and their compliance requirements.
- Understanding of systems and databases to have insightful conversations with data owners about data management and data sets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to influence/persuade a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.